|Collection||Reuel B. Pritchett Museum Collection|
|Donor||Flory, Wendell P.|
Framed Chinese silk display. The base is blue silk on which is embroidered a floral pattern in blue, white, purple and green. The edges are black silk, also woven in a floral pattern. Large black Chinese characters from a softer and thicker fabric are affixed to the center. Smaller Chinese characters from the same black fabric are at each end. A white fabric label, heavily inked in Chinese characters is sewn near the lower, left corner of the blue silk fabric. In a modern frame.
Label reads, "A parting gift from the church at Ping Ting, China, to the Rev. Byron Morton Flory and Mrs. Nora Almira Phillips Flory, on the occasion of their return to America in April, 1932." The Florys served as missionaries in China from 1917-1932.
|Place of Origin||Ping Ting, China|
|Dimensions||H-20 W-1.2 L-30 inches|
Flory, Byron M.
Flory, Norma Almira Phillips